The soldier~ This poem is very significant and serves to let people realize how everyone wants to make a difference somewhere while their alive so that they can be remembered when they die. The soldier enjoys doing his job because it is respectful and he loves his country England.
Anthem for Doomed Youth~ This poem is slightly confusing, but it is talking about all the things that exist in this day that could corrupt the youth.
Dulce et Decorum Est~ I love the fast past of this poem, the words used are very intriguing. I love how the author uses ryhme sometimes, but not all the time.
Glory of Women~ The year that this poem was written in 1918 which would be at the end of World War 1. It shows how patient women are, and how caring they can be when people are in need.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I viewed the soldier poem a lot differently, but it is interesting to see your point of view. I can understand why you thought the way you did about it.
Post a Comment