~The car war between hummers and prius was very intriguing. Hummers are definately associated with people that have money, and prius with older money, which is kind of a Great Gatsby theme. The ending point that Mr. Drake made was absolutely hilarious, and an actual valid point. If your going to be a "green freak" then you need to pay attention to all aspects of your life not just a few points.
~The fact that women are not as involved in car design as men is not hidden, and mostly clearly known. More men are crazy about cars than women, but women do still drive cars so it makes perfect sense as to why the companies are wanting women designers to do more than just interior patterns. It would make them sell more vehicles to the women population, if there was something made "for women by women."
~ I am not quite sure of the idea that ugly cars sell faster, nobody in their right mind is going to buy a car that they think is ugly if they have the money. That is absolutely absurd.
~ I absolutely agree with girls wanting to drive pick up trucks, because both my dad and brother have one and I wanna do nothing but drive them any chance I get. Guys really appeal to girls driving pick-ups as well, and it does make me feel very powerful.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I like how you bring up the comment that if you are going to be a green freak then you need to look at all aspects of your life.
I thought the Great Gatsby theme was an interesting comment. Prius' do seem to reflect "older money" more than just young wealth wanting to gain popularity and attention.
I agree with your comment that connects to the Great Gatsby. The Hummer vs. Pruis is very old money new money like the characters in the Great Gatsby.
I also like how you brought up the comment about living a green lifestyle. I feel that most people especially in Hollywood that live that kind of lifestyle only live it one or two aspects not the entirety of their lives. I also agree with your comment about women designing cars. I feel that lots of American car companies should follow the footsteps of Volvo and allow women to design some cars in order to get an edge on the Asian car companies.
I like the way you bought up the way some people live the partially green life style. Stephanie had a similar take on this and it is true that these people just do it for show.
Post a Comment