"Cold Coming"~ The author definately merges death and birth together, by giving the idea that one always follows the other. Not just with a person being born after someone somewhere has died, but also with other things in life such as the seasons changing.
~ The saving the sperm in their flasks brings out a disturbing thought, but it shows how desperate the soldiers were to make a new life. More specifically to have a new life walking around that was their own. When they died they liked the fact that somebody that would have similar features to them might be able to roam the earth.
~ The difference between a poet and a journalist is very extreme. Poets are so much more in depth with their feelings making the situation seem more serious rather than just an incident in hollywood with a journalist. Poets usually write on serious matters, things that effect people's emotions.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I never thought about the seasons changing when I read this story. I found it interesting how you would say that.
I raelly liked your interpretation. I never saw the seasons like you did. I am horrible at english and can never see things. Im glad i read yours becuase it gave me a whole new veiw on the story.
Post a Comment